AT LEAST ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE
* Announce your engagement and send announcements to the local newspaper.
Casual announcement to Family & Friends/ Pamanhikan in June
* Plan an engagement party – none
* Select and engagement ring with your fiance if he has not purchased one.
Jhe provided in his “surprise” proposal at Mt. APO
* Choose wedding date – Dec 12, 2012 change to DEC 13, 2012
* Decide type of wedding desired (traditional, big/small) – Small & Intimate
* Decide time of wedding and reception – Afternoon, consideration for the travelers
* Choose desired location for wedding ceremony.
a. Iba Zambales
d. Tagaytay / Batangas
* Choose desired locations for reception.
a. Iba Zambales
d. Tagaytay / Batangas
* Set wedding budget and decide how wedding will be financed (?)
AFTER DECIDING, THEN BOOKING…
* See if ceremony and reception locations are available and book them.
CHAPEL ON THE HILL BATULAO – Reserved 6 June12
* Choose individual who will officiate your wedding ceremony.
Fr. Milo of Our Lady of all Nations
* Make a list of your Principal Sponsors including names of proxies in their absence – Done
* Schedule individual visits to chosen Principal Sponsors to personally inform them about the wedding and ask them if they are accepting the offer/responsibility – Done
* Make a list of your Bridal Entourage (Maid of Honor, Best Man, Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, Secondary Sponsors, Flower Girls, Boy Bearers) and inform them – Done
* Make a list of your Ceremony Participants and other special roles during the ceremony and reception (Readers/Lector, Commentator, Offertory Group, Emcees, Person to attend to the Gift Table and Reception, etc) – on-the-day
* Canvass and gather quotations for Food Caterers. Make a pencil booking if you like the place.
MADEL’S CUISINE – Reserved 12 July 12
* Attend to scheduled Food-Tasting event by the reception venue or make a personal appointment.
MADEL’S CUISINE – 7 July 12
* Interview/Choose a wedding planner/coordinator if you plan to consult with one.
ZRM Events management services, planning & coordination (OTD) – Reserved 30 June 12
* Canvass and gather quotations for Photographer / Videographer and then make a pencil booking if you like him/her.
FRESHMINDS PHOTO & VIDEO – Reserved 18 June 12
* Canvass and gather quotations for Florist and then make a pencil booking if you like him/her.
ANGEL TOUCH FLOWERS & STYLE (Entourage & Chapel only) – Reserved 10 July 12
* Canvass and gather quotations for Baker and then make a pencil booking if you like him/her.
HEARTS & BELLS – Reserved 24 June 12
* Canvass and gather quotations for Musicians and then make a pencil booking if you like him/her.
c/o OSP Choir
* Canvass and gather quotations for Couturiers and then make a pencil booking if you like him/her.
c/o AUNTIE MYRNA for wedding gown & entourage dresses
* Count the number of guests by making an initial list of family, relatives and friends – not more than 150 pax
* Filter the names of guests together by performing an elimination process to reach desired number of guests according to your budget
* Start preparing your extensive guest list indicating names, contact numbers and addresses of each guest.
* Send SAVE THE DATE to invited guests – attached to Formal invitation/ our own Wedding website
10 TO 12 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
* Decide if unity candle ceremony is desired – Yes
* First meeting with priest/minister – DONE – Nov 17, 2012
* Schedule Marriage Counseling if required – scheduled
* Request from priest/minister a copy of ceremony content for the missalette/ceremony booklet.
sample on hand, verify w/ designated priest
* Begin writing vows.
* Choose ceremony music (prelude, processional, solos, recessional, postlude, etc.).
* Choose and hire Musician/s for ceremony/reception. Finalize details of music and songs.
* Confirm booking with chosen Reception Venue and make a deposit – DONE
* Confirm booking with chosen Photographer and finalize package details for pre-nuptial and wedding day coverage. Make a deposit if required – DONE
* Confirm booking with chosen Videographer and finalize package details. Make a deposit if required – DONE
* Confirm booking with chosen Florist. Make a deposit if required – DONE
* Confirm booking with chosen Baker. Make a deposit if required – DONE
* Confirm booking with chosen Couturier. Make a deposit if required – DONE
* Pick out tuxes or barongs for groom and groomsmen/ushers/fathers.
* Interview / Choose Hair and Make-Up Artist and schedule trials and appointments for bridal portrait, pre-wedding parties and wedding date – trial makeup on prenup date
* Choose/book desired location for rehearsal dinner (X)
* Look for and book (reserve) block of rooms at nearby hotel for out-of-town guests.
DONE @ VILLA CRISTEL – Reserved 3 July 12
* Choose/Order wedding invitation design, thank you cards and misalettes. (DIY)
* Start gathering all information and copy/text needed for the invitations. (DIY)
* Choose/Hire Caligrapher (X)
* Update guest list.
* Get directions to church, from church to reception, and from church to rehearsal dinner.
* Make list of attractions/things to do (in town where wedding is) to include with directions for out of town and balikbayan guests.
DONE (see wedding website)
* Plan honeymoon and book all lodgings/transportation/event tickets – BORACAY
* Check passports/visas (if needed) – PASSPORT DONE
* Discuss if a bridal registry is desired and what items would be on it – no bridal registry
4 TO 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
* Make appointment for Pre-Nuptial Shoot or Bridal Portrait.
October 7, 2012 Batulao & Royal Tagaytay w/ Freshminds
* Make hair/nail appointment for Pre-Nuptial Shoot.
Free trial make-up for prenup
* Find out from minister/priest if flower girl can drop flower petals on floor in sanctuary – POSSIBLE
* Find out from church venue if guests can throw birdseed, rice, etc. upon exit of the couple – POSSIBLE
* Plan your grand entrance at the ceremony/reception (guests throwing birdseed, bubbles, petals, butterflies)
no throwing for the grand entrance, After the ceremony, before exiting the Church – PETALS
* Choose/Buy/Make favors or souvenirs to give guests – DONE
* Choose/Buy/Make favors or gifts to give Principal and Secondary Sponsors – DONE
* Choose/Buy/Make favors or tokens to give all male and female entourage and other people with special roles.
* Choose reception food and finalize all details with caterer – DONE
* Finalize with couturier chosen wedding gown design and female entourage gown designs.
DONE. with inspiration board
* Have your body measurement appointment with the couturier together with your entourage. Arrange for the individual schedules of other participants who cannot make it on the scheduled group appointment – DONE
* Hire limo driver or arrange other transportation to/from ceremony and reception – c/o ZRM event
* Buy wedding attire accessories such as gloves, earrings, necklace, purse, shoes, cufflinks, etc – DONE
* Buy wedding shoes – DONE
* Pick out/order wedding bands/rings – DONE
* Select reception decorations and table centerpieces such as candles, flowers, balloons, arches, etc.
w/ pegs already
* Meet with florist to choose type of flowers for ceremony and reception and any other accessories.
discussed thru email
* Buy ceremony accessories if couturier’s package does not include them (ring bearer’s pillows, secondary veil and cord, etc) – DONE
* Meet with baker to choose flavor/s and style of wedding cake.
SCHED NOV 18
* Make/print directions and map for ceremony and reception to include with all wedding invitations – DONE
* Make/print maps to rehearsal dinner to include with rehearsal dinner invitations (X)
* Update again your guest list.
* Submit wedding invitations and finalized guest lists to Caligrapher – no Caligrapher, DIY only
* Register gift preferences with one or more bridal registries at nearby and/or nationwide store – no bridal registry
* Get measurements from groom/ushers/fathers/groomsmen for tuxedos – DONE
3 TO 4 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
* Submit all required documents for legal documentation – schedule on October/November
* Attend to all marriage counseling, canonical interview and other seminars required by the priest/minister – schedule on October/November
* Confirm Pre-Nuptial Shoot Appointment – DONE
* Confirm trial make-up appointment with Hair & Make Up Artist shceduled on the day of the Pre-Nuptial Shoot.
confirmed on October
* Distribute all wedding invitations to invited guests via door-to-door or postal delivery –schedule on November
* Bride’s family to start planning for the Despedida De Soltera – Bridal shower surprised by friends
* First wedding gown fitting.
* Entourage to schedule first gown fitting – schedule on October
* Buy/make birdseed roses/birdseed packets/bubbles/etc.
* Decide on living arrangement once married. – DONE
2 TO 3 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
* Get Pre-Nuptial Shoot takenn – DONE
* Determine wedding band inscriptions and have them engraved – “jhedian 121312”
* Design program layout (or have a printer do it) – DONE
* Determine reception layout (i.e. how many tables, chairs, etc.) – DONE
* Determine seating arrangement at reception if it’s a sit-down dinner – DONE
* Determine seating arrangement at rehearsal dinner with groom’s mother if desired (X)
* Make a layout of the Bridal March entourage sequence during the procession – DONE
* Determine seating arrangement of entourage in the ceremony – DONE
* Plan for your reception activities and assign coordinators for it (toss games, audio-visual presentation of bride and groom’s story, photo booth, dance after all reception traditions, dove release, etc.) – DONE
* Choose reception music (1st dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance etc.) – DONE
* Find out if smoking is allowed at reception hall and how to prevent it if desired – Please do not smoke
* Make rough draft of list of duties of all involved (Coordinator, Emcee, etc.) – DONE
* Finalize vows and memorize (if necessary) (X)
2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE
* Book rooms for out-of-town guests at hotel. For family & some friends an accommodation is provided by the couple
* Go over rough draft of duties with all involved in wedding – DONE
* Determine order/timing of events at reception (cake-cutting, garter toss, etc.) – DONE
* Second gown fitting with couturier (X)
* Buy honeymoon clothes and going away outfit if necessary – No need, we have plenty of clothes
* Buy/decide outifit on pre-wedding parties (Despedida De Soltera, Rehearsal Dinner, etc) – No need, we have plenty of clothes
* Attend to your pre-wedding celebrations (Bridal Shower for bride, Bachelor Party for groom) – DONE
* Determine the “something borrowed, …blue, …old, and …new” to wear on wedding day (X)
* Get wedding bands inscribed – DONE
* Hire babysitter to watch any children during wedding ceremony – No need
* Call to inform all people who need to be at rehearsal (X)
* Buy guest book and pen – DONE
* Make itinerary of wedding day for all involved – DONE
* Choose songs for video (background music for intro/pre-wedding) – DONE
* Get started on “thank you” notes – DONE
* Ensure formal-wear shop has all tuxedo measurements – DONE
* Get a full physical and dental check-up – DONE
* Consult with Dermatoligst and have facial cleaning sessions (X)
1 MONTH IN ADVANCE
* Order flower arrangements for rehearsal dinner tables if desired (X)
* Attend to your Despedida de Soltera, Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner (X)
* Find out if reception caterers will make a basket of food for you to take to your hotel after reception – none
* Determine who will be in the limo (i.e. just newlyweds or attendants/parents too??).
separate for the entourage & family
* Determine when items needed at reception (toasting glasses, etc.) will be taken there.
* Show final program to minister/officiant and organist to check for accuracy – DONE
* Decide if gown will be preserved and where.
* Decide if bouquet will be preserved and make arrangements.
* Ensure band/DJ has equipment/music needed to play your chosen reception music – DONE
* Pick up wedding bands – DONE
* Ensure home/renter’s insurance covers wedding bands or buy additional jewelry insurance.
* Confirm honeymoon reservations – DONE
* Check registries to make sure shower gifts and/or early wedding gifts have been marked off.
* Record gifts as you receive them and send “thank you” notes.
* Open joint checking and savings accounts – DONE
* Change beneficiary to fiancé for will and life insurance policy – DONE
* Inform car/home/renter’s insurance of marriage (discounted rates may apply).
* Make list of all places with whom bride needs to change name and submit changes.
2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE
* Final meeting with florist – overview and give him/her map to ceremony and reception sites – DONE
* Final meeting with reception venue/caterer – DONE
* Final meeting with videographer – overview, give him/her music and map – DONE
* Final meeting with photographer. Give him/her list of photos, styles and VIPs you want taken – DONE
* Final conversation with band – overview of times & special songs, mail him/her/them map – DONE
* Mail directions to limo driver and confirm times – DONE
* Meet with rehearsal dinner caterers for final details (X)
* Print programs – DONE
* Print rehearsal dinner maps (extras in case guests forget map that came with dinner invite).
* Finalize and print list of duties for each person involved – DONE
* Print itinerary of wedding day (copies for all at rehearsal) – DONE
* Confirm nail/hair appointments
* Print list of reception dances for emcee/band/DJ – DONE
* Arrange pick-up/delivery of gowns to entourage – DONE
* Coordinate with couturier delivery & preservation of wedding gown at the bride’s dress-up site.
* Confirm hotel reservations for wedding night – DONE
* Confirm hotel reservations for guests – DONE
* Determine personal wedding morning itinerary (time to wake up, time to leave for church, etc.) – DONE
* Groom’s hair appointment.
* Submit wedding announcement to local newspaper for publishing day or weekend of wedding.
* Move belongings to new home.
1 WEEK IN ADVANCE
* Make bride’s emergency kit.
* Pack for honeymoon.
* Get traveler’s checks for honeymoon; exchange money to foreign currency now if desired.
* Fill out first page of guest book.
* Take marriage certificate to minister/officiant – DONE
* Give best man the clergyman’s fee (if to be paid day of ceremony, otherwise pay this week) – DONE
* Finish centerpieces for guest tables at reception if it’s a last minute duty (i.e. need fresh flowers, etc.).
* Give final guest count to reception facility and/or caterer.
* Remind groom/fathers/ushers/groomsmen to pick up tuxedos and barongs
* Ensure delivery of flower arrangements for wedding rehearsal dinner have been made.
* Put all items you need for dress-up site, ceremony and reception in 3 separated boxes labeled accordingly.
* Prepare tips and gratuities and put them on separate envelopes. Entrust someone (if having no coordinator) to safe-keep them and hand them to all people concerned.
* Wax appointment for legs and underarm.
on “Vacation Leave” mode
bawal ang trabaho
beauty rest time na 😛
* Take the Reception Box containing favors, centerpieces, cake knife and server, toasting glasses, CD’s, and birdseed roses to reception hall.
* Give mom lipstick to keep in purse on wedding day for bride (or prepare bride’s purse).
* Check-in your hotel room (if you are booking in one) with your pre, during and post-wedding attires and things needed.
* Make sure Ceremony Box containing all items needed at the ceremony hall is with you for picture-taking purposes. Bring along a copy of the wedding invitation, wedding band, etc. too.
* Do some pampering. Have your nail and massage appointment.
* Shave your legs/underarm if you haven’t done waxing a week before.
* Rest and eat well.
MORNING OF WEDDING DAY
* Wake up early and have a hearty breakfast.
* Take a long relaxing bath.
* Make your coordinator or entrusted assistant to follow-up with all suppliers.
* Hair & Make-Up Appointment
* Smile and look fresh on pictorial.
* Enjoy your big day!!!